It's #MondayListicles time again with NorthWest Mommy. This week's list topic, inspired by Jessica from My time as mom, is 10 THINGS I AM RUBBISH AT.
Yet another list I could write in my sleep.
Which brings me to item number 1....
1. Sleep. It's partly that I'm just too busy. Too occupied in thought and to-do lists at times to settle down to sleep. And I have a child - children are sleep robbers. It's a good thing they're cute. And things have to be just so in order for me to sleep.
2. Dishes. I have always despised washing dishes from the time of my childhood in a house of seven people with no dishwasher. I still do them - mostly - but it's a real chore to work up the energy.
3. Housecleaning. It's a necessity. I'm not a fan. Thus, I do it as needed, but not exceptionally well. I'd rather, and I do, pay someone else to do it for me.
4. Cooking. Sometimes I actually enjoy it, and then good things happen. But like cleaning and doing the dishes, it mostly sucks the energy out of me. If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is hire a personal chef.... who also does dishes... and cleans the house... and...
~ ~ I'm starting to sound like a bit of a princess. ~ ~
~ ~ Explains why I have this magnet on my fridge. ~ ~
4. Being sympathetic when my man is sick. I try, but honestly. It's like the world is coming to an end!
5. Driving at or under the speed limit. Life's just too short!
6. I'm not the best at playing Smash 'em up car chase until we catch the bad guys and DESTROY them! Sorry kid. What can I say? I'm a girl.
7. Travelling. Probably has something to do with my needing 17 pillows of particular shapes and sizes and just the right blankets in order to sleep (see number 1). I am very much like the Princess and the Pea (see above magnet).
8. Saying no. It will come as no surprise to friends and family that I have included this one here. I have issues with not taking on too much. That may be somewhat of a commonality among bloggers. Am I right, ladies and gents?
9. Finishing things. I prefer starting things, and am easily distracted, so sometimes things just end up being left partially completed. Oooh... I see a shiny thing over there!